VOLUNTEERS WELCOME FOR THE 2023/2024 SEASON
Swale Basketball Club is looking for volunteer coaches for our junior community basketball programme . An interest in basketball is all that is required and you will be the assistant coach alongside an experienced L2 or L3 coach who will help you achieve your 'Introduction to Basketball' qualification which provides learners with the confidence to deliver safe, fun and inclusive basketball sessions under the supervision of an independent coach. This is an unpaid role .
All of our coaches have to be DBS checked and complete child safeguarding training , both of which the club will arrange and cover the cost to achieve these criteria .
• To work with the Team Coach in the preparation and running of each session.
• To assist with the club’s coaching sessions.
• To continually monitor and maintain a safe environment for activities at all times and advise the Head Coach of any concerns or issues that may affect the safety of the club members.
• To ensure that a register of all participants is completed for each session and or activity and that a Player Registration Form and a Medical Consent Form has been completed for each young person taking part.
• To work proactively with your team of coaches and volunteers and undertake the coaching responsibilities as directed by the Head Coach in a professional manner at all times.
• To travel to competitions with the team(s) , supervise and coach the team.
• Liaise with and support the supervising Adult / Manager , as required .
Supervising Adult / Manager
Swale Basketball Club are looking for supervising adults/team managers to help at the club and help the coaches . This is an unpaid role .
All of our supervising adults have to be DBS checked and complete child safeguarding training , both of which the club will arrange and cover the cost to achieve these criteria .
To work with the club coach(es).
To ensure that entries for competitions are completed and returned.
To take responsibility for competition kit , practice balls and first aid kit and ensure all are returned.
Have mobile telephone available during the competition , so parents of players can contact team manager if required .
To ensure that membership fees/session fees are paid.
To coordinate transport details for away venue competitions.
To record the results of the competition .
To ensure that the club members behave in an appropriate manor expected of them whilst representing the Swale Basketball Club.
To welcome new members and induct them into the club.
For further information please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org .