VOLUNTEERS WELCOME FOR THE 2019/2020 SEASON
Swale Basketball Club is looking for new volunteer coaches for our junior community basketball programme . Ideally you will already have a L1 coaching qualification but this is not essential as you will be coaching alongside an experienced L2 coach and we will also help you achieve your L1 qualification . This is an unpaid role but membership discounts are available for the senior teams or to one of the junior teams if you have a child in the club.
All of our coaches have to be DBS checked and complete child safeguarding training , both of which the club will arrange and cover the cost to achieve these criteria .
• To assist with the club’s coaching sessions.
• To work with the Coach in the preparation and running of each session.
• To continually monitor and maintain a safe environment for activities at all times and advise the Head Coach of any concerns or issues that may affect the safety of the club members.
• To ensure that a register of all participants is completed for each session and or activity and that a Player Registration Form and a Medical Consent Form has been completed for each young person taking part.
• To work proactively with your team of coaches and volunteers and undertake your coaching responsibilities as directed by the Head Coach in a professional manner at all times.
• To travel to competitions with the team(s) and supervise and coach the team.
• Liaise with and support the supervising Adult / Manager , as required .
Supervising Adult / Manager
Swale Basketball Club are looking for new supervising adults/managers to help at the club and help the coaches . This is an unpaid role but membership discounts are available for the senior teams or to one of the junior teams if you have a child in the club.
All of our supervising adults have to be DBS checked and complete child safeguarding training , both of which the club will arrange and cover the cost to achieve these criteria .
To work with the club coach(es).
To ensure that entries for competitions are completed and returned.
To take responsibility for competition kit , practice balls and first aid kit and ensure all are returned.
Have mobile telephone available during the competition , so parents of players can contact team manager if required .
To ensure that membership fees/session fees are paid.
To coordinate transport details for away venue competitions.
To record the results of the competition .
To ensure that the club members behave in an appropriate manor expected of them whilst representing the Swale Basketball Club.
To welcome new members and induct them into the club.
For further information please apply to email@example.com .